Friday, September 14, 2012

Pink, and yellow, and green, oh my


Holy crap, do I love this month.  It's not even my birthday, or Christmas, or anything, I just love the change in the season, the feeling of brand-new possibilities, the fresh start that the school year brings.  Everyone is back to school and work with a new determination, and it feels GOOD!  I love the change in the weather most of all.  Fall has always been my absolute favourite season, and this year is no different.  It really puts me in my happy place.

I can tell I'm still not back in the groove yet though, art-wise.  This page was a collage of pieces from a very old math book, covered with a light coat of gesso.  Then a bit of stamping at the bottom, then some Dr. Ph. Martin's radiant watercolors on top.  The colors surprised me a bit.  The gesso came up through the watercolor, the daffodil and cyclamen blended to become a beautiful orange, and then once it all dried, a lot of the orange changed back to a pink colour.  Very strange, and unpredictable, but I have to say I still like it.

Turns out, even with a generous coat of watercolors though, that Sharpies do not like to go over top of gesso.  I only ruined one this time before I caught on and switched to a paint Sharpie instead.  Then things got fun again.

That's it for today.  Maybe tomorrow my mojo will come back.  If you see her, could you send her home?  I really miss her.

Thanks.

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shelley, This is wonderful! I love your colors. I'll be back to see more! When your mojo comes back!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...