Friday, January 27, 2012

Go the f*&^ to sleep!


My kids have been really antsy at night lately, and can't seem to stay in bed or go to sleep within a reasonable amount of time, which makes me irrationally angry and eye-twitchy and control-freaky.  So last night I sat at the kitchen table so they couldn't sneak around without getting caught, and drew a little bit.  I had been inspired by Nina Johansson's art, specifically this piece.  Don't you love the internet?  I've had some really great 'aha!' moments lately while I've been surfing around - like this reminder that you don't have to draw THE ENTIRE ROOM, you can pick a corner or a bit and just draw that.  That realization takes away the pressure of trying to figure out how to fit it all in, and where to even start.

Next time I think I'll outline in ink though.  The pencil is pretty soft-looking and I think I'd like it bolder.  And the perspective issues will probably straighten themselves out with practice, right?  (Say yes!)

Over and out.

Love Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. hey I know this place! (I totally posted a comment here before, where did it go??) LIKE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...