Saturday, July 17, 2010

F I E R C E

Once upon a time, people used to tell me I was "too independent."  It wasn't a compliment.

Of course, with marriage and children, day-to-day routines and commitments, my tendency to "pick my battles" and basically just the passage of time, my fiery independence has mellowed out somewhat.

Then this past week, I had a sudden flare-up of my old determination and spirit.  It actually made me feel a bit more sparkly than usual, which just reminded me that maybe I need to be "too independent" just a little more often.  I made this page before I could forget that swaggery feeling.  Wait, is 'swaggery' even a word?  Never mind, you know what I mean. 

 



It seemed like the perfect time bust out some graffiti-style writing.  I'm not so far gone that I'd dare to do this on an actual WALL, mind you - but I did daydream about it briefly.  Heh. 

Now I really can't wait to see what next week will bring!

Love Shelley!

4 comments:

  1. OK, so I have this blank wall in my house...
    This is VERY cool! (I mean HOT). lOve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really, really love your journal pages!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...