Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Best Laid Plans. Pfft.

Oh yeah, did I tell you? I was going to make a heroic attempt to make and post a card every day. Or at least every other day, since it was working so well at the end of April. But then... but then... well, I don't really know what happened. The magic stopped. The run of inspiration ended. I got busy doing laundry. Anyway, I've been experimenting in the craft room and I'll have more to show you soon on that topic, but in the meantime, I HAVE DEADLINES TO MEET!

So without further ado, here is the card I'll be delivering tomorrow for a very sweet customer. A close friend of hers is moving away and she wanted something with happy colours, because she's already afraid she's going to cry when she has to say goodbye.



I just want to tell you, I had SO MUCH FUN making this card. I got to cut, and paint, and paint some more, and doodle, and, even though I had a mild panic attack worrying that it wasn't going to come together - well, it did. Phew! Now I kinda love it and I want to make one for myself!

Here's the inside:



She picked the verse herself, so I know it will be just right for her. I printed it in dark brown ink - black would have been too stark for this card. I don't usually line both sides of the card, but I thought I would leave her a bit of extra room to add her message, since this isn't your garden-variety happy birthday greeting.

Anyway, I'm kind of buzzed now that it's finished and I can't wait to get back in there tomorrow! Hopefully I can sleep tonight... sometimes visions of patterned papers dance in my head. : )

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. That card is beautiful Shelley! Love it! She will LOVE it!
    c.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...