Thursday, April 2, 2009

One-of-a-kind, like your mom!

I made only ONE card today and (ta DA!) here it is. I've been hoarding - no, saving these letter stickers for something special, and what's more special than Mother's Day? Of course there are only two "m"s in the pack, so I could only make one card. To me, that makes it even more special. I believe I'll charge four hundred dollars for this one.



So I'll tell you a secret - when I sat down with these pretty papers, I was planning on making some thank you cards. I'm not sure how or when I changed my mind but I'm kind of glad I did! I cut the scallops at the bottom by hand, and by the time I was done I was ALSO kind of glad I was only doing one. There are those cute little flat-back pearls again, and the stitching on the front is actually fake. Shh, don't tell!




Here's the inside. I apologize for the dark and blurry pictures. I truly suck at getting good pictures of these cards - good thing I'm not depending on them for advertising! Anyway, I rounded the bottom outside corners to match the scallops on the front. Then just a layer of patterned paper, and a layer of very vanilla cardstock. I sponged ink around all the edges to give it a little depth. Obviously the cards looks much nicer in person; but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it! : )

I'm taking off for the weekend tomorrow morning, so look for more cards starting either Sunday night or (more likely) Monday!

Love Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...